Wednesday, September 17, 2014

$200 Bathroom Vanity Makeover

A few months ago, before we moved, I decided that our master bathroom needed a makeover. We really needed to replace the vanity but purchasing a new one was out of the question. So I began to research other options when I came across a product called Giani, granite paint for countertops 
(click here to see their website). After researching the product and reviews I decided to give the 
White Diamond kit a try, the cost for the kit was $79.00

Here are a couple before pictures (sorry they are so dark):




I also decided to paint the cabinets using Annie Sloan Paris Grey, 
the picture below is after two coats of paint and one coat of both dark and clear wax. 



Now I was ready to start on the countertops. 
The first step is to clean the surface and paint the black base coat. 
All materials needed are included in the kit, making my job really easy :-) 


Next, you use the included sponges to dab on the mineral colors. 
Again, pretty easy. I even was brave enough to attempt veining (for this I purchased a small paint brush and applied a little of the lightest mineral color to create a vein like look). 



After letting the paint dry, I decided I wanted less of the brown and more of the white. 
The nice thing about this product is that you can change the look until you apply the top coat. 
Applying another layer of mineral colors helped the veining blend-in better. 



Finally, I applied 3 coats of the topcoat, waited the suggested curing time, 
and my countertops were ready to use! 

We purchased new faucets, for $40 each on Amazon, and framed out the existing mirror using base boards and crown molding, and just like that, we had a new looking vanity and mirror!



Here is a final before and after. 



Overall, I was happy with the way it turned out and I would use Giani Granite paint again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment